Hearty Beef & Cabbage Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're craving something warm, comforting, and hearty that won't weigh you down, our recipe for Hearty Beef & Cabbage Skillet is just what you need. This one-pan dinner is made with hearty, lean ground beef and better-for-you brown rice, cooked with cabbage, in a rich and flavorful tomato sauce. It's mouthwatering-good!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add beef and onion and saute over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until no longer pink. Drain excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 35 to 40 minutes, or until rice is tender.
We suggest you top off this delicious meal with a plate of our Traditional Brownies!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 378
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 6.8g 34 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 25g 50 %
- Cholesterol 77mg 26 %
- Sodium 593mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 16 %
- Sugars 5.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're like most, choosing between chocolate chip cookies and brownies is a tough dessert-time decision. Not anymore! This dessert combines the best of both worlds when it comes to desserts. Our Speckled Brookie Bars are the perfect combo of ooey-gooey brownies and warm and melty chocolate chip cookies. Plus, with our certified shortcuts, this amazing dessert recipe is the easiest (just watch our video right below and see for yourself). When you just can't choose between these yummy dessert options, treat yourself and have both! There's no way this pan of bars will last more than a day in your family's home.