Hearty Beef & Cabbage Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're craving something warm, comforting, and hearty that won't weigh you down, our recipe for Hearty Beef & Cabbage Skillet is just what you need. This one-pan dinner is made with hearty, lean ground beef and better-for-you brown rice, cooked with cabbage, in a rich and flavorful tomato sauce. It's mouthwatering-good!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add beef and onion and saute over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, or until no longer pink. Drain excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 35 to 40 minutes, or until rice is tender.
We suggest you top off this delicious meal with a plate of our Traditional Brownies!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 378
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 6.8g 34 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 25g 50 %
- Cholesterol 77mg 26 %
- Sodium 593mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 16 %
- Sugars 5.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone will love our fancy-sounding but easy-to-make Broccoli and Ham Quiche, whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And since you can combine the ingredients in advance and store them in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you're ready to thaw and bake it off, it makes an extra easy Easter meal!