Italian Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hearty and comforting Italian Beef Stew is a great winter recipe. It's perfect for a cold, stormy night!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 (26-ounce) jar mushroom and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can ready-to-use beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well then add the beef chunks and toss until beef is evenly coated.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add the beef and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned. Stir in the red wine and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, beef broth, water, bay leaf, potatoes, and carrots; mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Stir in the peas and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes then serve.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Barilla.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!