Italian Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hearty and comforting Italian Beef Stew is a great winter recipe. It's perfect for a cold, stormy night!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 (26-ounce) jar mushroom and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can ready-to-use beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well then add the beef chunks and toss until beef is evenly coated.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add the beef and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned. Stir in the red wine and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, beef broth, water, bay leaf, potatoes, and carrots; mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Stir in the peas and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes then serve.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Barilla.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!