Meat Loaf and Potato Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a great meat-and-potatoes combination that's sure to be a hit with your gang! There's no need to make a separate mashed potato side dish... you can have an all-in-one dinner with this reader-favorite casserole.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup saltine cracker crumbs (about 8 crackers)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 servings warm instant mashed potatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, onion, egg, chili powder, and salt; mix well. Press mixture into prepared baking dish and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until juices run clear. Drain off excess liquid.
- Combine potatoes, corn, and scallions. Spread over meat loaf. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and top has begun to brown.
- If you want to add more spicy heat, use a little more chili powder or use a blend of shredded Mexican cheeses or Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers instead of Cheddar cheese.
- Racking your brain for something your kids will want to eat for dinner or lunch? Then check out 15 Kid-Friendly Ground Beef Recipes today!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cravin' some extra comfort after a long day? Our recipe for Weeknight Salisbury Steak will hit the spot! It's a comfort-food favorite that's melt-in-your-mouth tender and seasoned to perfection. Just try to resist licking your plate clean!