Meaty Stuffed Peppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A delicious and nutritious meal is only a half hour away with Meaty Stuffed Peppers. They'll be ready in no time.
What You'll Need
- 5 green or red bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Cut tops off bell peppers, and reserve tops; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Cook peppers in boiling salted water 4 minutes or until crisp- tender drain.
- Coarsely chop reserved pepper tops. Cook chopped pepper, beef, and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- In the same skillet, stir in tomato sauce, red pepper, garlic salt, and black pepper; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Carefully spoon meat mixture into peppers. Sprinkle with cheese.
Quickly chop bell pepper tops with ease using this little trick: Simply trim the pepper rim away from the stem with 4 strokes in a square-like pattern; then continue to chop pepper.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 330
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 6.8g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.9g 0 %
- Protein 23g 45 %
- Cholesterol 67mg 22 %
- Sodium 576mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g 18 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.