We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fresh pineapple complements this flavorful Asian dish. You can buy it already prepared in the produce department of your supermarket. It's great plain, or dress it up by topping with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
What You'll Need
- 1 (5-ounce) package Japanese curly noodles (chuka soba) or 5 ounces Ramen noodles (without the seasoning packet), uncooked
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound top round steak, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons light sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 ounces snow peas, trimmed
What to Do
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add beef. Stir-fry 4 minutes or until browned. Remove beef from pan; set aside, and keep warm.
- Coat skillet with 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Add garlic and bell pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add water chestnuts and snow peas; stir-fry 1 minute. Return beef to skillet, and add soy sauce mixture; cook 30 seconds or until slightly thickened. Serve over noodles.