We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A steakhouse meal without a pricey steakhouse tab is easy as can be with our elegant Presidential Steak recipe for filet mignon that won't break the bank. Savor the tastes and the savings of this meal fit for a President!
What You'll Need
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) 1-1/4-inch filet mignon steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- Dijon Herb Butter:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked peppercorns
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, make the Dijon Herb Butter by combining butter, mustard, parsley, and cracked peppercorns. Mix until combined then place in a crock and chill until ready to use.
- Preheat broiler. Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, slightly cook bacon over medium-high heat until lightly browned, but not crisp. Wrap 1 slice of bacon around each steak and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Place steaks on a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet and broil 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness beyond that. Remove toothpicks and serve with a scoop of Dijon Herb Butter topping each steak.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)