We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A steakhouse meal without a pricey steakhouse tab is easy as can be with our elegant Presidential Steak recipe for filet mignon that won't break the bank. Savor the tastes and the savings of this meal fit for a President!
What You'll Need
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) 1-1/4-inch filet mignon steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- Dijon Herb Butter:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked peppercorns
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, make the Dijon Herb Butter by combining butter, mustard, parsley, and cracked peppercorns. Mix until combined then place in a crock and chill until ready to use.
- Preheat broiler. Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, slightly cook bacon over medium-high heat until lightly browned, but not crisp. Wrap 1 slice of bacon around each steak and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Place steaks on a broiler pan or rimmed baking sheet and broil 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness beyond that. Remove toothpicks and serve with a scoop of Dijon Herb Butter topping each steak.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"