Slow Cooker Barbecue Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Love is a strong word, but there's no better description for how you'll feel about this Slow Cooker Barbecue Sandwich! When you take a bite into the tender, barbecue meat in this sandwich you'll fall in love in no time!
What You'll Need
- 1 (2-1/2-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) can cola-flavored beverage (1-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 hamburger buns
What to Do
- Place roast in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart electric slow cooker; add onions.
- Combine cola and next 7 ingredients; reserve 1 cup sauce, and cover and chill. Pour remaining sauce over roast. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 6 hours; or cook on HIGH 1 hour, reduce heat to LOW, and cook 8 more hours or until roast is very tender.
- Remove roast and chopped onions from cooker, using a slotted spoon; shred meat with two forks. (Reserve remaining meat juices to spoon over mashed potatoes or toast, if desired.)
- Combine reserved 1 cup sauce, ketchup, butter, and shredded meat in slow cooker; cook on HIGH setting until thoroughly heated, stirring often. Spoon meat mixture onto buns.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.