Spicy Orange Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why not serve this as part of a Chinese-style buffet? You could make this, Possible Orchard Pork, and your favorite fried rice to go along with it. It'll be a breeze!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds beef top or bottom round, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 fresh orange peel, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup beef broth
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1 tablespoon peanut oil, the soy sauce, ginger, and sugar; mix well. Add the beef strips and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining peanut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the orange peel to the skillet and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Add the flour to the meat mixture and stir until well coated; place the beef in the skillet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until no pink remains, stirring occasionally. Add the orange juice, cayenne pepper, and beef broth.
- Stir well to mix any flour from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 7 to 9 more minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pound cake will certainly brighten up your day! From the fresh aroma of it baking to the first forkful of lemony bliss, our Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is a real delight. This pound cake is summer-perfect and ready to be brought along to all of your picnics and potlucks!