We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These biscuits are worth the effort to make them from scratch.
What You'll Need
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored or other shortening
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 6 equal pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour plus extra for working the dough
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Cut in shortening and butter, using a fork or pastry cutter, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Let dough sit 1 minute, then transfer it to lightly floured work surface. Lightly dust top of dough with flour and roll out to 1/2-inch thickness with a rolling pin.
- Cut out biscuits with a 2-inch cutter (dip cutter in flour before cutting each biscuit, to prevent sticking.)
- Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheets and bake 10 to 12 minutes, or just until they begin to turn golden. Remove from baking sheets and serve warm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!