We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These biscuits are worth the effort to make them from scratch.
What You'll Need
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored or other shortening
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 6 equal pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour plus extra for working the dough
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Cut in shortening and butter, using a fork or pastry cutter, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Let dough sit 1 minute, then transfer it to lightly floured work surface. Lightly dust top of dough with flour and roll out to 1/2-inch thickness with a rolling pin.
- Cut out biscuits with a 2-inch cutter (dip cutter in flour before cutting each biscuit, to prevent sticking.)
- Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheets and bake 10 to 12 minutes, or just until they begin to turn golden. Remove from baking sheets and serve warm.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!