Grilled Pita Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're having a get-together or just looking for a different type of bread to serve with appetizers or dinner, there's nothing easier or more satisfying than grilled Mediterranean pita bread.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Six 6- to 8-inch pita breads
What to Do
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, basil, and cheese; mix well. Brush both sides of the pita breads with the oil mixture and place on the grill.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden. Serve whole, or cut into wedges
Yields 6 pitas.
Serve grilled pita bread...
Wedges as a tasty dipper with your favorite dipping sauces and spreads
Whole, topped with salad greens and grilled chicken or shrimp
Whole, in place of buns for hot dogs and sausages