Holiday Quick Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Holiday Quick Bread is one of those cake-textured breads that can be changed so easily to fit the bill for every season. One recipe, but all seasons.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, oil, milk, egg, and vanilla; beat well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan and let cool on wire rack; serve.
To make Cranberry Bread: Add 1 teaspoon orange extract, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1-1/2 cups chopped cranberries to batter and bake as above.
To make Fresh Apple Bread: Use ingredients as above, except divide sugar, and mix together 3/4 cup sugar (of the 1 cup total), vegetable oil, milk, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Toss 2 cups cored, peeled, and chopped apples with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and place apples over batter in loaf pan. Pour remaining batter over apples. Bake as above.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).