Beefed-Up Rice Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This all-in-one dinner is perfect for busy nights. In our Beefed-Up Rice Casserole you'll discover layers of beefy, cheesy, fill-ya-up goodness. Get ready for lots of "oohs" and "aahs" when you bring it out!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian pork sausage, casings removed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice, warmed
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, sausage, garlic powder, salt and pepper for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked and crumbly; drain off excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and rice; mix well. Place half the mixture in the baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then place 4 slices mozzarella cheese over the top and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 467
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 26g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 60 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 32g 64 %
- Cholesterol 98mg 33 %
- Sodium 1,312mg 55 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 5.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!