Oat Walnut Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 loaf
- 3 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Hr
The whole family will go "nuts" for this hearty Oat Walnut Bread, especially once they realize how little work the bread machine requires.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups very warm water (120 degrees to 130 degrees)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread-machine yeast or rapid-rise yeast
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (see note)
What to Do
- Combine all ingredients in a bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions. Select bake cycle; start machine.
- When baking is done, remove bread from pan; cool on a wire rack.
This hearty bread is my favorite for the bread machine. Just set the dials and go have fun with the kids or grandkids. Be sure to check the instructions for your bread machine before adding the walnuts. Some machines require adding them at mid-cycle.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
No game day bash is complete without a platter stacked high with chicken wings, and our recipe for Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings is a flavor-packed winner. Coated with a to-die-for lemon pepper sauce, these homemade chicken wings are like nothing you've ever had before.