We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This traditional American favorite lives on! There's something about warm popovers on a lazy Sunday morning that really harkens back to a more peaceful time. Don't forget to stock up on your favorite flavor of jam because these sweet desserts will sure go fast!
What You'll Need
- 2 cold eggs
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease 6 custard cups or muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Immediately pour the batter into the prepared cups or tins, filling halfway.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- Cool slightly before removing from custard cups.
- Makes 6 popovers.
These will "pop" up better if you don't open the oven until near the end of the suggested cooking time. Serve plain, with butter, or with your favorite jam or jelly.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.