We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 (9-inch) loaves
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
In a jam for an easy and great-tasting homemade bread? Our Southern-style Strawberry Bread comes to the rescue...and with frozen strawberries baked right in, you can make it any time of year!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (20-ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed and mashed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups self-rising flour, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9- x 5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on low speed, beat strawberries, sugar, oil, and eggs until well mixed. Add 2-1/2 cups flour and continue beating until well combined.
- In a small bowl, toss pecans with remaining 1/2 cup flour then stir into strawberry mixture (see Note). Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Mixing the pecans with the flour helps to keep the pecans floating in the batter so they don't fall to the bottom of the bread when baking.
- This bread is wonderful topped with a smear of cream cheese. Strawberry cream cheese is especially good!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've been to a church picnic or, really, just about any kind of family get-together in the South, then you're probably familiar with pimiento cheese spread. It's a staple there! We thought we'd give these deviled eggs a Southern twist by stuffing them with a pimiento cheese mixture, and boy, did they turn out good! These Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs will be a hit with your family this Easter.