Chocolate-Covered Cherry Brownies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking to make something a little special to bring to work, to send with the kids to school, or to make "just because," then you'll love our recipe for Chocolate-Covered Cherry Brownies. These from-scratch chocolate brownies are topped with chocolate-dipped cherries for an extra-special touch. They're sure to make anyone smile!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 16 maraschino cherries with stems, drained well on paper towel
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Using a double boiler or a medium, heatproof bowl set over a pan of boiling water, melt 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips and butter, stirring cocasionally until smooth. Whisk in cocoa and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add chocolate mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined. Stir in flour. Spread batter into baking dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small, microwavable bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and oil. Microwave 45 to 60 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring occasionally. Dip cherries halfway in chocolate, and place on wax paper-lined plate to let chocolate harden.
- Cut brownies into squares and place on platter. Drizzle brownies with remaining chocolate mixture, place cherries on top, and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Calories 1,005
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 7.7g 39 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.3g 7 %
- Cholesterol 50mg 17 %
- Sodium 155mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 227g 76 %
- Dietary Fiber 15g 60 %
- Sugars 203g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!