We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
From the hills of Pennsylvania comes this Amish-style cake full of solid goodness. Try it with your morning cup of coffee or tea for a real breakfast treat.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into 12 pieces
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon; stir to combine well. Cut in the butter, using a pastry cutter or fork, until the mixture is crumbly and forms pea-sized clumps. Stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- In a 1-cup glass measuring cup, beat the egg with a fork. Add the vanilla and enough milk to equal 2/3 cup total liquid. Add to the flour mixture and stir until thoroughly moistened.
- Transfer the batter to a 9-inch pie plate that has been coated with cooking spray. Smooth out the top of the batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.