Orange Cream Poke Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 square
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
We captured the flavors of summer in our Orange Cream Poke Cake! This dessert recipe mixes the flavors of bright and tangy oranges with classic creamy vanilla; just like the cool summer treats you loved as a kid! Thanks to this easy poke cake recipe, fun-in-the-sun has never been sweeter.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 (5.3-ounce) container orange & cream blended yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 orange, zested
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, orange juice, yogurt, and eggs until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 32 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 20 minutes, then poke about 20 holes in top of cake using handle of a wooden spoon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk pudding mix and almond milk until slightly thickened. Slowly pour mixture into holes and spread evenly over top of cake. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar, whipped topping, sour cream, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in orange zest. Spread mixture gently over pudding. Chill 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- For a fun pop of color, garnish this simple poke cake with orange sugar sprinkles! You can find these in the baking aisle of your local grocery store.
- For some of our best poke cake recipes, be sure to try this Cinnamon Bun Poke Cake, or our Hawaiian Poke Cake.
- This Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake will be everyone's favorite dessert during the fall season.
- For even more fun with citrus desserts, try our beautiful Lemon Napoleons!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Easy poke cake recipes are just the beginning!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)