Black Forest Cake Roll
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Who wants plain old chocolate cake when we can have a Bavarian-style fruit-filled cake roll with the same amount of work? We'll serve this and the whole table will be chanting "Ach Das Schmeckt!", which, of course, means "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons mini semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet or jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs and sugar. Gradually beat in water and vanilla until well blended. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture just until smooth. Pour onto baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar and invert the cake onto towel. While still hot, peel off aluminum foil and roll up cake and towel jelly-roll style starting from a narrow end. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake and remove towel. Spread cherry pie filling over top of cake, leaving a 1-inch border, and roll it up again. Place on a serving platter, frost with whipped topping, and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover loosely and chill at least 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Top 15 Recipes with Cherries!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 258
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 3.0g 15 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.9g 8 %
- Cholesterol 65mg 22 %
- Sodium 141mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 49g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 23g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!