Easy Petits Fours
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You know those fancy desserts we're all a little scared to make? Well, typically Petits Fours are one of them, but with this E-A-S-Y Petits Four recipe, you can say bye-bye to those reservations! These are delish!
What You'll Need
- 2 (10.75-ounce) loaves pound cake
- 8 (2-ounce) vanilla-flavored almond bark candy coating squares
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 colors of liquid food color
- 1 (4-1/4-ounce) tube white decorator frosting
What to Do
- Trim 1/4-inch off top and sides of each cake. Cut each cake into 5 (1-1/2-inch-thick) slices; cut each slice into 2 (1-1/2-inch-thick) squares.
- Combine candy coating and whipping cream in a microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap, and fold back a small corner of wrap to vent. Microwave at MEDIUM setting (50 percent power) 4 minutes, stirring once. Divide coating into 2 portions; stir 1 drop of desired food color into each portion of coating.
- Spear the bottom of each cake square with a fork, and dip into desired colored coating. Place upright on a wire rack until frosting is set. Repeat with remaining cake squares and coating, microwaving coating at MEDIUM setting (50 percent power) 30 seconds if coating starts to firm up. Repeat dipping procedure for a thicker coating, if desired.
- Using decorator frosting and star tip, pipe desired designs on top of petits fours.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!