Old-Fashioned Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Traditionally, pound cake got its name because it was originally made with a pound each of most of its ingredients. We may have a taken "pounds" off of this Old-Fashioned Pound Cake, but the cake still has the same delicious taste that we all love!
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
Coat a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan with cooking spray and lightly flour, set aside.
In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium-high speed, beat sugar, butter, and shortening until creamy. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Add 1-1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup evaporated milk, beating until well blended. Add remaining 1-1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup evaporated milk, and vanilla, beating until well mixed.
- Pour batter into pan. Place in a cold oven and bake at 300 degrees F. 1-3/4 to 2 hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve, or cover until ready to serve.
- For breakfast, take a few slices and pop them in the toaster. Spread the toasted slices with honey butter, which is no more than a stick of softened butter accented with a couple tablespoons of honey, or frost with our amazing Vanilla Butter Frosting.
- Did you know you could make chocolate pound cake or even fruity pound cakes? Yep! Click here to check out some our favorite ways to make pound cake.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 579
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 74 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 7.4g 15 %
- Cholesterol 129mg 43 %
- Sodium 188mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 76g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 52g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to sunshine, good-times, and Southern Peach Cobbler! Just imagine warm, gooey cinnamon peaches, a crusty crust, and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and that's summertime in the South. But you know what? You don't have to be below the Mason-Dixon Line to enjoy this one!