Good Ol' Chicken Noodle Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup when the sniffles strike, but the great thing about our Good Ol' Chicken Noodle Soup? Not only does it warm you from the inside out, but we like serving it over some home-style noodles that you can pick up in the freezer aisle. It turns this soup into a hearty meal that will help you feel good all year long!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3- to 3 ½-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- 12 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups frozen homestyle egg noodles
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients except noodles and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until chicken easily falls off the bones.
- Remove chicken from pot and allow chicken to cool slightly. Remove and discard skin and bones and cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Return chicken to the pot, add noodles, and cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Test Kitchen Tip
We've got a couple of useful tips today!
- If you’re not sure what chicken base is, you’ll find it in your market near the chicken bouillon. It comes in a jar and adds a real richness to the broth.
- Now, as for the noodles, those come frozen and are an old-fashioned style noodle that you can add right to your soup without having to boil them first, since they come pre-cooked.
- If you need a delicious dipper for this recipe, we recommend our Parmesan Onion Board for a combo of flavors you're going to love!
- For more chicken noodle soup recipes, check out our Homemade Chicken Soup and the Best Noodle Soup Ever!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more comforting soups and stews to warm you up, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 261
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 1.3g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 37g 73 %
- Cholesterol 112mg 37 %
- Sodium 1,391mg 58 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 2.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!