Peanut Butter Mousse Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
This heavenly tasting, easy-to-make dessert is a contrast of favorite tastes: creamy peanut butter and crunchy peanuts in a chocolate cookie crust! What a way to celebrate our love for the pairing of sweet and salty!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, 1/2 cup peanuts, and butter; mix well. Press into bottom of an ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake 15 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups heavy cream until stiff; set aside. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla; mix well. Fold in whipped cream and pour into cooled crust.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, or until set.
- In a small saucepan, combine granulated sugar and remaining heavy cream over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Mix until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool 3 to 5 minutes then spread evenly over peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours, or until set.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of the Peanut Board.
- Want even more of our favorite peanut butter recipes? Check out our collection Peanut Butter Recipes: Our Top 40 Recipes with Peanut Butter.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 990
- Calories from Fat 632
- Total Fat 70g 108 %
- Saturated Fat 30g 148 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 18g 36 %
- Cholesterol 101mg 34 %
- Sodium 542mg 23 %
- Total Carbohydrates 82g 27 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.4g 17 %
- Sugars 59g 0 %