Quick Boston Cream Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No, it's not a mistake. This is really the recipe for Quick Boston Cream CAKE, not pie! This cake closes in on the tastes of the original New England favorite, but it's easier...and you can still say you made it yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-serving) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (13- to 16-ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat pudding mix and milk for 1 to 2 minutes, until pudding begins to thicken.
- Slice pound cake in half horizontally. Place bottom half of the pound cake on a serving plate and spread pudding evenly over cake. Place top half of cake over pudding.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and water. Microwave on high power for 45 to 60 seconds to soften the chocolate; stir until smooth. With a spoon, spread chocolate over top of cake and allow it to drip down the sides. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
The chocolate chips can also be melted in a saucepan over low heat or in a double boiler over warm water, but stir constantly and watch carefully so the chocolate doesn't burn.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 433
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22g 35 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 68 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.1g 8 %
- Cholesterol 128mg 43 %
- Sodium 289mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 59g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 26g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!