Quick Tres Leches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tres leches translates from Spanish to "three milks." Quick Tres Leches translates in any language to a moist, decadent dessert that's prepared in minutes (and gone just as quickly)!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) prepared angel food cake, cut into -inch slices (see Note)
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat 1-1/2 cups heavy cream for 5 to 7 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Add 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk; stir to mix well. Cover and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Place cake slices in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, remaining sweetened condensed milk, and 1/2 cup cream. Pour over cake slices and cover; allow to absorb for about 15 minutes. Top cake with chilled whipped cream mixture and serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
You can usually find prepared angel food cakes in the bakery department of your supermarket. Of course, if you have the time, go ahead and make your own.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't have to wait for an invitation to enjoy this bean soup! Inspired by the one that's been served at the Senate Dining Room since the early 20th century, our U.S. Senate Bean Soup is a true winner. Between the rich broth, the chunks of smoky ham, and the tender-cooked beans, it's hard to choose what we love best about it!