Quick Tres Leches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tres leches translates from Spanish to "three milks." Quick Tres Leches translates in any language to a moist, decadent dessert that's prepared in minutes (and gone just as quickly)!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) prepared angel food cake, cut into -inch slices (see Note)
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
What To Do:
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat 1-1/2 cups heavy cream for 5 to 7 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Add 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk; stir to mix well. Cover and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Place cake slices in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, remaining sweetened condensed milk, and 1/2 cup cream. Pour over cake slices and cover; allow to absorb for about 15 minutes. Top cake with chilled whipped cream mixture and serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
You can usually find prepared angel food cakes in the bakery department of your supermarket. Of course, if you have the time, go ahead and make your own.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Tired of serving chicken breasts the same ol' way every time? If so, then you'll love this recipe for Cheesy Baked Chicken. These chicken breasts have a cracker crumb coating made from crushed cheese crackers and sesame seeds, so you can expect lots of crunch and flavor in every bite. Plus, this one is done in just about 30 minutes, which makes it great for busy weeknights!