Quick Tres Leches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tres leches translates from Spanish to "three milks." Quick Tres Leches translates in any language to a moist, decadent dessert that's prepared in minutes (and gone just as quickly)!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) prepared angel food cake, cut into -inch slices (see Note)
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat 1-1/2 cups heavy cream for 5 to 7 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Add 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk; stir to mix well. Cover and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Place cake slices in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, remaining sweetened condensed milk, and 1/2 cup cream. Pour over cake slices and cover; allow to absorb for about 15 minutes. Top cake with chilled whipped cream mixture and serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
You can usually find prepared angel food cakes in the bakery department of your supermarket. Of course, if you have the time, go ahead and make your own.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While school cafeteria menus changed monthly, there was one item that we knew would be available every Friday - fish sticks. Our Cafeteria Fish Sticks are simple and kid-approved, especially 'cause they're coated with crunchy potato chips and ranch dressing!