The King's Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This salute to Elvis Presley's favorite food combo, peanut butter and bananas, truly takes the cake! Bake it up any time you want to enjoy a rich-tasting cake that'll make your gang feel like royalty!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 ripe bananas)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch cake pans with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, cream the granulated sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat thoroughly. Gradually blend in baking soda, flour, and salt. Beat in mashed banana and 1 teaspoon vanilla until thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into prepared cake pans.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let sit 5 minutes, then remove cakes from pans and place on a wire rack to cool.
- In another bowl, combine cream cheese, peanut butter, and butter; beat until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined. Frost cake and sprinkle with peanuts.
Wanna find out how Chris MacDonald got into Elvis, his music and what foods the King loved? Watch Howard’s interview with Chris here!
Watch Chris MacDonald serenade Patty and Kelly in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen and get “All Shook Up!”
- If you're looking to get a little Jailhouse Rock in your life, then check out "The Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist," Chris MacDonald. Catch him performing at a theater near you!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 529
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 26g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 53 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 7.4g 15 %
- Cholesterol 61mg 20 %
- Sodium 346mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 70g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 50g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!