Vanilla Butter Frosting
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We fashioned this Vanilla Butter Frosting recipe after a frosting we found topping cupcakes at a school bake sale. The rich buttery taste says this is certainly homemade and ready for topping almost anything.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium-low speed, beat all the ingredients for 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy. Use immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use. Bring to room temperature before using.
This homemade frosting recipe is perfect for frosting our Old-Fashioned Pound Cake, or most plain cakes baked in a 9" x 13" pan. You'll see how easily this frosting takes a cake from ordinary to extraordinary!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!