We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've driven through the farmlands of the South, you've most likely seen fields of cotton, tobacco, and plump, juicy watermelons. We thought we'd use some fresh watermelon in this southern recipe for Watermelon Cake. The best part? No seeds!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (4-serving) package watermelon-flavored gelatin (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups cubed and seeded watermelon, well drained, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on low speed, beat cake mix, gelatin mix, flour, oil, and 1 cup watermelon until well mixed. Beat in eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Divide batter between the two pans. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of each comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat butter and sugar. Gradually beat in remaining 1/2 cup watermelon until smooth.
- Place 1 cake layer upside down on a serving plate then frost the top. Place second layer over first and frost the top and sides. Serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
If you can't find watermelon-flavored gelatin, you can replace it with strawberry or mixed fruit. With the fresh watermelon in here, either of those flavors should work fine.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!
- Peach Melba Dump Cake
- Ugly Cake
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake
- Black Forest "Quickie"
- Fruit Filled Coffee Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- Blueberries 'n' Cream Cake
- Neighborhood Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Country Lemon Coffee Cake