Royal Roasted Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Royal Wedding is coming up! To kick off our week-long celebration of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tying the knot, we've got a Royal Roasted Chicken recipe that will make you feel like you're part of the big day. This roasted chicken recipe is easy, and delicious. Filled with the flavors of thyme and lemon, it's sure to be a dream come true for any princess and prince looking for love.
What You'll Need
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) whole chicken
- 20 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 8 red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stuff cavity of chicken with 10 sprigs of thyme, lemon, and garlic. Using kitchen twine, tie legs together and tuck wing tips under the breast to secure. Place chicken in a large roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, salt, pepper, and paprika; mix well. In a large bowl, combine carrots, potatoes, and onion. Toss the vegetables with half the butter mixture and the remaining 10 sprigs of thyme.
- Brush remaining butter mixture on the outside of the chicken. Place the vegetables around the chicken in the roasting pan.
- Roast 1-1/2 hours or until the juices in the chicken run clear (internal temperature should be 165 degrees) and the vegetables are tender. Allow chicken to rest 10 minutes before carving. Place on platter surrounded by roasted vegetables.
Before You Start Cooking!
This wedding will be an amazing international affair! If you're looking for a few more recipes from across the pond, we've got a few for you.
- For breakfast, we like to start off with this delicious English Muffin Melt! It's a refined and tastey way to start the day.
- When it comes to your mid-day meal, there's nothing like taking to the English streets to find mouthwatering English Pub Sandwiches like this!
- You've got dinner with this delicious Royal Roasted Chicken recipe, so for dessert we suggest getting a little silly with this classic Berry Fool!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
This recipe comes straight form the United Kingdom! But there are other wedding ready recipes all around the world. Check them out here with our free eCookbook.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're going to love this comforting Italian dinner! Little Italy Eggplant Rollatini is our version of a restaurant favorite. It's basically an eggplant roll-up that's filled with lots of creamy cheese and covered in spaghetti sauce. Once your family gets a taste, they're going to ask for it again and again!