Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Say hello to great coconut and chocolate flavors with this Coconut Joys recipe. It's one of our favorite potluck ideas, too! They'll have everyone exclaiming, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup (2-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and coconut; shape into 3/4-inch balls. Chill until firm.
- Place chocolate chips in a small heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; seal. Submerge in hot water until chocolate melts. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag, and drizzle chocolate over coconut balls. Let candies stand until firm; store in refrigerator.
If extra chocolate is what you desire, you'll want to make Chocolate-Covered Coconut Joys. Simply microwave 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice. Then dip coconut candies into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip, and place on wax paper. Let candies stand until firm; store in refrigerator.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 887
- Calories from Fat 497
- Total Fat 55g 85 %
- Saturated Fat 40g 201 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 2.5g 5 %
- Cholesterol 70mg 23 %
- Sodium 246mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 104g 35 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 72g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.