Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Y'know that gourmet-style chocolate bark that you can pick up at fancy grocery stores? Well, we've recreated it, so now you can make your own at home. Our Cowboy Bark is full of everything you love and makes the perfect sweet snack!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 1 cup mini pretzels, coarsely broken
- 8 creme-filled sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
What to Do
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine dark chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spoon chocolate onto wax paper and smooth into a rectangle shape about 1/4-inch thick.
- Evenly sprinkle with pretzels, cookies, peanuts, toffee bits, and white chocolate chips. Using a spatula, press nuts and candy gently into chocolate.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.