Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Y'know that gourmet-style chocolate bark that you can pick up at fancy grocery stores? Well, we've recreated it, so now you can make your own at home. Our Cowboy Bark is full of everything you love and makes the perfect sweet snack!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 1 cup mini pretzels, coarsely broken
- 8 creme-filled sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
What to Do
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine dark chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spoon chocolate onto wax paper and smooth into a rectangle shape about 1/4-inch thick.
- Evenly sprinkle with pretzels, cookies, peanuts, toffee bits, and white chocolate chips. Using a spatula, press nuts and candy gently into chocolate.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.