Irish Potato Candy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't let the name fool 'ya. Our Irish Potato Candy is a sweet treat that doesn't contain potatoes at all, they just look like 'em. Be warned, this easy candy recipe is so addictive you're likely to eat the whole batch!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 1 (7-ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla and confectioners' sugar and beat until mixture forms a ball. With a spoon, stir in coconut. Roll mixture between your hands to form small potato-shaped candies, or roll into small balls.
- Place cinnamon in a shallow dish. Roll balls in cinnamon then place on a baking sheet, cover, and chill about 1 hour, or until firm.
Make sure to use regular cream cheese, not a whipped or reduced-fat type. And if you prefer "dirtier potatoes," roll the candies a second time in additional cinnamon once chilled.
- And in case you're looking for an easier St. Patty's day dinner, try our delicious Skillet Corned Beef and Cabbage!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This colonial-style brown bread is actually cooked inside of a can and it's a New England favorite! Our Boston Brown Bread is moist and flavorful on its own, but it's even better when you slather on some butter or cream cheese right before serving!