Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Peanut Butterscotch Pretzel Snacks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some call 'em a snack, others a candy, while some insist it's a cookie...while they're deciding, we're just eating 'em up.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (1 twelve-ounce package) butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 60 three-inch twisted pretzels
- 2 to 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seed
What to Do
In a medium-sized heavy saucepan over very low heat, melt chips with peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
Dip about 3/4 of each pretzel in peanut butter mixture; shake each pretzel, and scrape off excess coating onto edge of pan.
Place on a wire rack that has been coated with cooking spray, then sprinkle lightly with sesame seed. Repeat with remaining pretzels. (If mixture thickens, warm it again over very low heat, stirring constantly.)
- Chill pretzels 20 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container or in plastic bags.
You can use pretzels with no or low salt if you're watching your salt intake...and they're still just as yummy.
- Want even more of our favorite peanut butter recipes? Check out our collection Peanut Butter Recipes: Our Top 40 Recipes with Peanut Butter.