Casserole Barbecued Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Barbecue and casserole: a match made in heaven! If you're looking for a chicken dish the whole family can get behind, this is the meal for you!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (2-1/2 to 3-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cookng spray.
In a shallow dish, combine 2 tablespoons flour and 2 teaspoons salt. Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry. Coat chicken pieces in mixture and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Place in prepared baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Spoon evenly over chicken. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 60 to 70 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.
We like to serve the chicken on a bed of cooked rice, topped with the cooking juices.