Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Remember the good ol' days when Mom used to serve up melty grilled cheese with a cup of creamy tomato soup? We sure do, which is why we came up with this irresistible twist: Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup Bake!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 (1-pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 22 slices)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spread butter on one side of bread slices and place on baking sheet, butter side down.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, turn over, and bake another 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, arrange half the bread slices in a single layer, butter side down. Sprinkle bread with 1-1/2 cups cheese and top with remaining bread slices, butter side up.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup and milk. Evenly pour over bread.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and continue baking 10 minutes, or until heated through.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This homemade butter recipe is just what you need to bring a little country warmth into the kitchen at breakfast. Our Summer's Best Peach Butter is a sweet and creamy spread that will melt perfectly into warm biscuits. And since it's a slow cooker recipe, you just set it and come home saying "yum".