Hot Dog Cornbread Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Hot Dog Cornbread Casserole is a tasty way to use up all of your leftover hot dogs. Top it off with some chili and cheese, and you'll have a dish the whole gang'll line up for! Hot dog!
What You'll Need
- 2 (8-1/2-ounce) packages corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 to 5 hot dogs, cut in 1/2-inch slices (see note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix, eggs, milk, and cayenne pepper with a spoon; mix well. Stir in hot dogs, then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes, then slice.
- Feel free to use hot dogs right out of the package or grill them first for that BBQ flavor.
- And if you want to give this a bit of that southwestern zip, top with chili and some shredded Cheddar cheese before serving.
- All you need is a crispy, crunchy salad like our Broccoli Raisin Salad, and you've got a beautiful meal that your group is sure to love!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!