Villa Valenti's Eggplant Rollatini
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mr. Food and his family enjoyed this dish at their favorite Italian restaurant in their hometown for years. Emma Valenti sure was gracious about sharing her recipe with us and, since we can't duplicate her homemade sauce, we've simplified it for you.
What You'll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 medium eggplant, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick slices (about 16 slices total)
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (32-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish; beat well. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil.
- Meanwhile, dip eggplant slices in egg mixture then coat completely with bread crumbs. Place coated eggplant slices in skillet a few at a time and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden, adding more oil as needed. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Reserve 1 cup spaghetti sauce and pour remaining sauce over the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and remaining salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Place eggplant on a work surface and spread 1/4 cup ricotta cheese mixture over the top of each. Roll up jelly-roll fashion and place seam-side down in baking dish. Pour reserved 1 cup spaghetti sauce over eggplant rolls and top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until sauce is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,298
- Calories from Fat 753
- Total Fat 84g 129 %
- Saturated Fat 35g 176 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 60g 120 %
- Cholesterol 362mg 121 %
- Sodium 3,065mg 128 %
- Total Carbohydrates 79g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 14g 58 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These peanut butter muffins are worth a presidential seal of approval - they're that good! Our Presiential Peanut Muffins are crazy-moist and are topped with a nutty streusel mixture that makes them addictively-good. You won't want to pass up on these!