15-Minute Chicken Cacciatore
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've only got 15 minutes to make dinner, then you're going to love this pressure cooker recipe for 15-Minute Chicken Cacciatore. This is a fast and flavor-packed version of a classic Italian dish. Your family is going to devour it!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
What to Do
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place in a 5-quart or larger pressure cooker. Add remaining ingredients over chicken in order listed, including remaining salt and pepper. Do not stir.
- Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce just enough to maintain pressure 12 minutes. Perform a quick release. Remove lid, stir, and serve chicken topped with sauce.
- We like to top this with some slivered basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
- If you like how easy this Italian dinner recipe is, check out our collection of No-Fail Italian Favorites!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!