Creamy Cheesecake with Pomegranate Topping
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
This traditional dense and rich cheesecake gets its sparkle from the healthy and delicious fresh pomegranate seed topping. Talk about a company-fancy dessert!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine crust ingredients and mix well. In a 9-inch springform pan, press mixture evenly over bottom and 3/4 inch up side of pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Beat in remaining ingredients until well combined. Spoon batter into crust and bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until top is golden. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; let cool 1 hour at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan combine pomegranate juice and water. Add gelatin and let stand 1 minute to soften. Add sugar and cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring ocassionally. Pour mixture into a bowl and refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Stir in pomegranate arils and spoon topping onto cooled cheesecake.
- Chill at least 6 hours. Remove from springform pan and serve.
- Recipe courtesy of Pomegranate Council
To remove seeds from pomengranates, follow this simple 3-Step No-Mess Process:
- Cut off crown, then cut pomegranate into sections.
- Place sections in a bowl of water, then roll out arils (juice sacs) with your fingers. Discard everything else.
- Strain out water. Eat arils whole, seeds and all, or use in a recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you're called upon to comfort someone and need the perfect bring-along dish, we recommend Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes. This hearty, creamy funeral potatoes recipe will surely be appreciated by friends and family. Of course, easy potato side dish is perfect for a happy occasion, too.