Breaded Chicken Varieties
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Versatile chicken breast wears a lot of tasty hats with our basic recipe of options for Breaded Chicken Varieties. From Chicken Parmigiana and Chicken Scampi to Spicy Asian Chicken, there's something for everyone.
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups plain dry bread crumbs (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- Nonstick cooking spray
What to Do
- Place a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet and set aside. In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place bread crumbs, garlic powder, and remaining salt and pepper in another shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture then into bread crumbs, pressing down to coat completely. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheet. Lay a piece of wax paper on top of chicken then wrap tightly with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to cook.
- Remove chicken from freezer and place on baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Coat top of chicken with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until no pink remains.
- For Chicken Parmigiana: Place 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast 5 minutes before chicken is finished cooking.
- For Scampi-Style Chicken: Melt 1 stick butter and combine with 1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a large skillet over medium heat just until hot; pour evenly over chicken breasts.
- For Spicy Asian Chicken: Over each chicken breast, spoon 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce then sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds and 1 teaspoon sliced scallions 5 minutes before chicken is finished cooking.
Tip: For a crispier coating; mix half regular bread crumbs with panko bread crumbs or crushed corn flakes.