Chicken Cacciatore in a Flash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's the end result that counts when it comes to a great meal. Here's a chicken cacciatore recipe that we know is sure to please...and it even cooks up in a flash!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 bell peppers (1 red and 1 green), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut in half, then into ¼-inch slices
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms 3 to 4 minutes, or just until tender. Remove vegetables to a medium-sized bowl, leaving any remaining oil in pot.
- In same pot, saute chicken pieces 8 to 10 minutes over medium-high heat, until lightly browned, turning halfway through cooking.
- Return sauteed vegetables to pot then add spaghetti sauce and water; mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover loosely, and cook 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- We always make sure to have cooked pasta on hand to serve with this chicken. That way, we can enjoy every last bit of the cacciatore sauce.
- Like this chicken recipe? Then you'll love our collection of 14 Tasty Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.