Chicken Cacciatore in a Flash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's the end result that counts when it comes to a great meal. Here's a chicken cacciatore recipe that we know is sure to please...and it even cooks up in a flash!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 bell peppers (1 red and 1 green), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut in half, then into ¼-inch slices
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute bell peppers, onion, and mushrooms 3 to 4 minutes, or just until tender. Remove vegetables to a medium-sized bowl, leaving any remaining oil in pot.
- In same pot, saute chicken pieces 8 to 10 minutes over medium-high heat, until lightly browned, turning halfway through cooking.
- Return sauteed vegetables to pot then add spaghetti sauce and water; mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover loosely, and cook 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- We always make sure to have cooked pasta on hand to serve with this chicken. That way, we can enjoy every last bit of the cacciatore sauce.
- Like this chicken recipe? Then you'll love our collection of 14 Tasty Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes!