Chicken Sausage Cacciatore
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This version of Chicken Sausage Cacciatore may be lighter than traditional chicken cacciatore, but it's still heavy on taste. Chunks of sauteed chicken sausage swimming in our garlicky tomato-veggie sauce make for a hearty main-dish meal.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 10 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat then add sausage, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink in center. Remove to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet. Add garlic, bell pepper, and onion, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, salt, and black pepper, and cook 7 to 10 more minutes, or until tomatoes have broken down.
- Return sausage to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Serve over warm penne pasta.
Make this an authentic Italian dinner by starting with our Big Bowl Antipasto!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!