Chicken with Apple Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make tonight's chicken seem new and exciting with this contest winner full of Pennsylvania Dutch touches.
What You'll Need
- 8 chicken thighs, boned and skinned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1 cup peeled, cored, and chopped Granny Smith apple (about 1 medium-sized apple)
- Crushed corn chips for garnish
What to Do
- Place the chicken thighs on a broiler pan. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken, then sprinkle with pepper. Broil about 6 inches from the heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken is fork-tender and no pink remains, turning once; set aside.
- In a nonstick saucepan, combine the dark brown sugar and chili sauce. Place over medium heat, add the chopped apple, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread the apple mixture evenly over the chicken, then return it to the broiler for 2 minutes more. Garnish with crushed corn chips
Any tart apple will work here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!