The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Easy Chicken Chimis
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 7 Min
- COOK TIME
- 13 Min
These chimichangas are pan-fried favorites that are packed full of Mexican flavor and flair. Ole!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives (about 12)
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 (1-1/4-ounce) package reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- Process first 5 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Pour soup mixture into a medium saucepan; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Remove sauce from heat, and keep warm.
- Stir together cream cheese and next 3 ingredients. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides in, and roll up burrito-style.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chimichangas seam-side down in skillet. Fry 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Top with sauce, and, if desired, serve with chopped scallions, shredded Cheddar cheese, and sour cream.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Warm Bacon Dressing
Mmm! Any salad would love to be dressed with this easy-to-make Warm Bacon Dressing! But don't stop there...it's great over almost any vegetables.