El Paso Enchiladas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chicken enchiladas are really popular in El Paso, and many of the local cooks have their own version. They're actually very easy to make, 'cause you can use leftover chicken and bottled enchilada sauce. So why not give this Texas favorite a try?
What You'll Need
- 12 (8- to 10-inch) corn tortillas
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can enchilada sauce, divided (see Note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Tightly wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven to warm for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and increase temperature to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup cheese, the onion, and 3/4 cup enchilada sauce; mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly in center of tortillas. Tightly roll tortillas and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are heated through.
When only homemade will do, make your own Red Chili Sauce and use it in place of the enchilada sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf recipe! Unlike other meatloaves that are sort of dry and tasteless, this one is super juicy and packed with flavor inside and out. And the combo of the bacon and the glaze makes this truly irresistible.
- Copycat Olive Garden Peach Moscato Chicken
- Jiffy Chicken Surprise
- Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken
- Honey Barbecued Chicken
- Sassy Chicken Street Tacos
- Copycat P.F. Chang's Chicken Kung Pao
- Weeknight Chicken Milanese
- Copycat Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
- Classic Fried Chicken
- Cheesy Stuffed Herb Chicken