Friday Night Roasted Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Roasted chicken was the traditional main dish at Mr. Food's house every Friday night when he was growing up. Friday Night Roasted chicken is a simple recipe that's still packed with flavor and love. Why not start your own Friday night roasted chicken tradition?
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (2-1/2- to 3-pound) chicken
- 1/2 onion, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well. all ingredients except chicken. Place chicken in a roasting pan and rub seasoning mixture over chicken until completely coated. Place onion and garlic inside chicken cavity.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1-1/2 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, using a pastry brush to baste occasionally with pan juices.
Make this a complete meal by roasting chunks of potatoes, celery and carrots along with your chicken.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Thanks to shortcuts like frozen puff pastry, we're able to make jaw-dropping pastries like our Raspberry Cream Danish. These are filled with a homemade cream cheese filling, which makes them extra-special. A raspberry in the center and a sprinkle of powdered sugar are the finishing touches to this bakery-style treat.