Chicken Noodle Cacciatore
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The secret to this Chicken Cacciatore is simple. Use lots of fresh veggies -- like onions, mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes -- for extra-fresh taste.
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers (1 red and 1 green), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut in half then cut into -inch slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 (1-pound) egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
What to Do
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until just tender. Remove the vegetables to a medium bowl, leaving any remaining oil in the pot.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish and dip the chicken into the flour mixture one piece at a time, coating completely. In the same soup pot, cook the chicken pieces for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Return the vegetables to the pot and add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and no pink remains.
- Serve the chicken topped with the sauce and vegetables over egg noodles.
- Serve over a bed of egg noodles and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
- And for more tasty mushroom ideas, be sure to check out our list of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 861
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 32g 49 %
- Saturated Fat 5.6g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 79g 158 %
- Cholesterol 234mg 78 %
- Sodium 2,492mg 104 %
- Total Carbohydrates 66g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 18 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %