Herbed Chicken and Veggies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hand-breaded chicken simmered in a satisfying blend of fresh sauteed veggies and Italian herbs makes this a really yummy meal. Not to mention it's super easy, because it's all prepared in one dish! We like to serve it with rice or linguine.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs (prepared)
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 large mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
What to Do
- Combine breadcrumbs and 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; dredge chicken in mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add mushrooms and bell pepper to skillet; saut 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, and salt; return chicken to skillet. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in oregano and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.