"Let us" Roast Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
At first glance you're going to think we've made a mistake in these directions - cover a chicken with lettuce leaves?! Yup! The lettuce helps hold in the moisture and keeps the spices from burning. It actually acts like the skin when the chicken roast is finished.
What You'll Need
- 1 whole chicken (2 to 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken breast side up in baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except the lettuce; mix well. Rub chicken evenly with spice mixture, then lay lettuce leaves over the top, curving it around and completely covering chicken.
- Bake 65 to 70 minutes, or until juices run clear and no pink remains. Discard lettuce leaves before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.