We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chicken and gravy all in one dish. And some extra zip (you know, hot pepper sauce) makes it Louisiana-style cooking at its best.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 chickens (2-1/2 to 3 pounds each), each cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 green bell peppers cut into thin strips
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9- x13- inch baking pans with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, a few pieces at a time, until browned on all sides, adding additional oil as needed. Remove browned chicken to prepared baking pans, dividing pieces evenly between 2 pans; set aside.
- Add flour to skillet juices and cook over medium heat 30 seconds or less, stirring constantly, until flour is golden. Add celery, green peppers, and onions; cook about 5 minutes, or until vegetable are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in broth, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then pour over chicken, dividing it evenly between two pans. Bake, uncovered, 50 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender and no pink, remains, basting occasionally.
You can easily cut this recipe in half, but for the same work, why not make it all and freeze the leftovers for a later date, it'll taste just as good!! Serve over hot cooked rice.
Continue to celebrate Louisiana pride with these 13 Quick & Easy Mardi Gras Recipes!
- We've found the perfect side dish with these Homestyle Green Beans.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!